Loading: WELCOME

Hi there

I've been toying with creating a blog for a while now. With my wide and varied interests, I wanted somewhere I could share my thoughts, and also make posts that I can share on social media. As much as I use Twitter, the inability to edit is something that annoys me, and sometimes 280 characters just doesn't cut it.

As a result, here is a place where I'll be able to talk about my main passions which include:

STAR TREK: I will admit that I like all eras of Star Trek, and yes I do mean all eras. From TOS to TNG, DS9 to Enterprise and Discovery to Prodigy, I love it all! I admit that my TAS and Star Trek V: The Final Frontier blu-rays don't often leave their boxes but I don't hate them.


FORMULA ONE: I've been a fan since the 90s, and while I only started watching during the tail-end years of Prost v Senna, I did get to cheer on Mansell, Hill, Button and Hamilton to their respective world championships. I try not to be a toxic fan though and as long as we get a good race, I'm usually happy with whoever wins it.


RETRO GAMING: Specifically the rubber-keyed wonder, the Sinclair ZX Spectrum. I do like gaming across the eras, and currently game on the Xbox Series X, but the humble little Speccy will always have a place in my heart.

MUSIC: I grew up collecting the Now That's What I Call Music albums and while cassettes and CDs ultimately moved on to MP3s and now Spotify, I still love music and my music tastes are wide and varied. To be honest, it would take less time to tell you the music genres I don't like - r'n'b, jazz, opera, thrash metal. Over the years, I've been involved in hospital radio, community radio and even, very briefly, local radio

I'm a member of an amateur dramatics group and while I'm no great singer myself, I have been in amateur productions of American Idiot, The Wedding Singer, Back to the 80s, and several pantos. We're currently rehearsing for a musical revue show to take place at the start of September.

I also co-host a podcast Beyond Farpoint with my good friend Baz Greenland where we talk all things Star Trek: The Next Generation. I'm also into the paranormal but while I'm a believer in a lot of things, I do sit on the fence when it comes to so-called video and photographic evidence.

So, that's my intro. I hope not to bore you with my wide and varied interests. I promise not to talk about religion or politics. If you know me, you'll know which direction my politics lean. And I hope not to post anything controversial.

...oh alright. Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza, and Die Hard IS a Christmas movie.

Comments